This is my ‘pick me up and turn me round’ type of food..
Deep fried stuffed crepes
for the pancakes:
1 cup of milk
1 1/2 – 2 cups of flour
2-3 spoons of olive oil or melted butter
pinch of salt
1/2 cup of oil for frying
For the filling
220grams quark or ricotta
2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of raisins or any dry fruit (cranberries, chopped apricots,etc)
1. Mix all the ingredients for pancakes. Leave it for 10 minutes. If it’s too thick after 10 minutes, add some water.
2. In the meantime warm up a non stick frying pan on the medium heat. When the pan is really hot, pour your mixture using a ladle and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepes and flip when it starts to loosen. Use a spatula.
4. Cook on the other side for a minute, transfer it onto the plate.
5. Repeat till you use all the batter.
6. After you have all crepes prepared, mix all the ingredients for the filling.
7. Put about a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the crepes, fold it like a tortilla, then fold it again to make them rectangular.
8. Heat oil in a pan. Wait until it’s really hot, fry your stuffed crepes on medium heat till they are crispy and golden brown on both sides.
9. Serve with a spoon of sour cream and sprinkled with icing sugar and cinnamon.
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb – born with a weak heart
(So I) guess I must be having fun …